At Kingstowne Family Chiropractic we believe in a whole body approach. This means that in order for your body to function at its best all components of it must be addressed including the muscles, joints, and nerves. We utilize many different treatment options to optimize patient care and improvement including:
- Chiropractic Manipulation - There are a variety of different chiropractic techniques that are available to best fit the individual patient and their condition/injury. In general the Doctor will ensure that all the joints are moving correctly and with ease utilizing the technique that she feels will help you most. Chiropractors are the only professionals trained, certified, and licensed to perform an adjustment or manipulation. While manipulation is a key component of chiropractic care, it is most effective when used in conjunction with supplemental therapies (such as those listed below).
- Electric Muscle Stimulation - This is a physical therapy modality that utilizes small electrical impulses, similar to those your body naturally creates, to re-train muscles, ease muscular inflammation, reduce muscle spasm, and promote healing.
- Spinal Traction - Gentle traction and mobilization of the spine can help to relax the supporting musculature and take pressure off of the nerves and discs in your spine.
- Flexion-Distraction - Allows the Doctor to pinpoint areas that need extra distraction to alleviate pressure often do to inflammation or disc injuries (including bulges and herniations)
- Hot and Cold Therapy - Both ice and moist heat can be extremely beneficial to the body during the healing process. Ice is used to reduce pain and inflammation. Moist heat is used to relax and ease muscle strain.
- Therapeutic Ultrasound - Ultrasound therapy can be used to target and break down dysfunction at a deeper muscular level. It works by introducing sound waves into the tissue which creates heat to help break down trigger points and muscular scar tissue.
- Soft Tissue Therapy - There are several different soft tissue treatments including muscular stripping/scraping, trigger point therapy, active release just to name a few. The doctor will determine which methods are best for your specific condition.